Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cub Scout Blue&Gold

February is the month of the Cub Scout Blue & Gold banquet. I found way too many cool ideas on-line and started feeling a bit overwhelmed.
It's nice to have a bunch of leaders to divide up assignments. I took care of the cake and table decorations. I found a great cake and adapted it to my abilities.
For den meeting, the week before the Blue&Gold, the boys helped put together some of the table decorations. They were very helpful and it was fun to see what they did on the tables.
I saw an idea for blue chocolate dipped marshmallows with gold sprinkle. I found some light blue melting chocolate and tried a few out to see how they would turn out. 
They turned out great and weren't very hard to make. Alyssa and Logan did most of them for me on a Sunday afternoon.
We had a great turn out and everyone had a great time.
The boys helped in an activity that talked about the three important parts of Cub Scouts - the boys, the leaders, and the parents -
and how we all support each other.
It was a wonderful night and celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment